The rain was lashing down when I woke up so I put off packing up for as long as I could. Stevie lit the bothy fire and I tried to drip-dry the tent inside the bothy. Eventually I set off along Loch Muick with the thought of a cuppa at the Spittal of Glenmuick visitor centre. The wind and rain were horrendous so the vending machine soup was welcome.
I put aside any thoughts of ‘a nice walk’ and took the direct route on the road up the glen to Ballater.
After a pub lunch and a chat with Byron [who I had met in a pub in Cannich], I checked into the Habitat hostel which is as posh as people had told me. Surely it won’t rain again tomorrow?
Latest posts from my favourite blogs:
- Brecon Beacons October 17, 2017
- An Unexpected Munro May 7, 2017
- A gentle stroll......... July 1, 2014
- 18 miles Roundabout Ringheye October 15, 2017
- Cairngorm contrast - golden time October 15, 2017
- FAME, Well i wouldnt go that far, but still..... October 13, 2017
- First Marilyn mainland completion April 9, 2016