The rain was lashing down when I woke up so I put off packing up for as long as I could. Stevie lit the bothy fire and I tried to drip-dry the tent inside the bothy. Eventually I set off along Loch Muick with the thought of a cuppa at the Spittal of Glenmuick visitor centre. The wind and rain were horrendous so the vending machine soup was welcome.
I put aside any thoughts of ‘a nice walk’ and took the direct route on the road up the glen to Ballater.
After a pub lunch and a chat with Byron [who I had met in a pub in Cannich], I checked into the Habitat hostel which is as posh as people had told me. Surely it won’t rain again tomorrow?
- TGOC2018 – A photo a day – Day 10 – Lost in the mist at the end of a long day
- TGOC2018 – A photo a day – Day 9 – Rest and be thankful
- TGOC2018 – A photo a day – Day 8 – Where’s the water gone?
- TGOC2018 – A photo a day – Day 7 – A well ventilated Speyside Way hut
- TGOC2018 – A photo a day – Day 6 – Communities
Latest posts from my favourite blogs:
- Bagging By The Clyde–An Ill-Wind June 14, 2018
- Olight H2R torch: a warning June 9, 2018
- The Great Outdoors Challenge 2018 June 8, 2018
- A gentle stroll......... July 1, 2014
- TGOC 2018, Day 13. To Brechin’s Co-op June 16, 2018
- Huisinis - pure brilliant light June 14, 2018
- Bergen. June 2018 June 18, 2018
- First Marilyn mainland completion April 9, 2016