I decided to miss out Morven when I noticed the contour lines, so I took the forest tracks to Clunie Water and the main track up to Lochcallater Lodge.
Tea and cake were gratefully received as I mused my options. Despite Alan’s assertion that I ought to stay at the lodge, I decided to walk on. It was only 1pm after all!
With anticipated winds of 130 mph tomorrow, I didn’t want to camp high as planned so took the Dubh Loch route intending to stay in the bothy at Glas Allt Shiel. However the lovely sheltered patch of grass was too tempting so I am now back in the tent. There were only 2 others here when I arrived but there are about a dozen now. (Mine is the perfectly pitched LC at the back.)
Latest posts from my favourite blogs:
- Dartmoor Sept 2020 gear September 23, 2020
- Adventures with Ellie - West Highlands 28th August 2020 September 6, 2020
- A gentle stroll......... July 1, 2014
- Tegg’s Nose 16th Oct 2020 October 16, 2020
- Coming back to Ewe October 5, 2020
- 3F Ultralight Gear 2 person tent FOR SALE. October 16, 2020
- First Marilyn mainland completion April 9, 2016