I decided to miss out Morven when I noticed the contour lines, so I took the forest tracks to Clunie Water and the main track up to Lochcallater Lodge.
Tea and cake were gratefully received as I mused my options. Despite Alan’s assertion that I ought to stay at the lodge, I decided to walk on. It was only 1pm after all!
With anticipated winds of 130 mph tomorrow, I didn’t want to camp high as planned so took the Dubh Loch route intending to stay in the bothy at Glas Allt Shiel. However the lovely sheltered patch of grass was too tempting so I am now back in the tent. There were only 2 others here when I arrived but there are about a dozen now. (Mine is the perfectly pitched LC at the back.)
Latest posts from my favourite blogs:
- So vs Well….. July 18, 2017
- Snow Peak Ultralight Umbrella July 15, 2017
- An Unexpected Munro May 7, 2017
- A gentle stroll......... July 1, 2014
- Sleeping with a Mad Woman, 20th June 2017 June 23, 2017
- All in the timing at the Gulf of Corryvreckan July 18, 2017
- Another trial run of a photo. July 2, 2017
- First Marilyn mainland completion April 9, 2016