I decided to miss out Morven when I noticed the contour lines, so I took the forest tracks to Clunie Water and the main track up to Lochcallater Lodge.
Tea and cake were gratefully received as I mused my options. Despite Alan’s assertion that I ought to stay at the lodge, I decided to walk on. It was only 1pm after all!
With anticipated winds of 130 mph tomorrow, I didn’t want to camp high as planned so took the Dubh Loch route intending to stay in the bothy at Glas Allt Shiel. However the lovely sheltered patch of grass was too tempting so I am now back in the tent. There were only 2 others here when I arrived but there are about a dozen now. (Mine is the perfectly pitched LC at the back.)
Latest posts from my favourite blogs:
- Tangling With Tussocks on Caldbeck Fells July 9, 2018
- TGO Challenge feature July 8, 2018
- The Great Outdoors Challenge 2018 June 8, 2018
- A gentle stroll......... July 1, 2014
- Test post July 13, 2018
- Portsoy Traditional Boat Festival July 18, 2018
- Three Bridges, Ribble Way. June 21, 2018
- First Marilyn mainland completion April 9, 2016