A good day, with about a dozen Challengers enjoying sunshine (yes, sunshine!) as we looked for the quickest route from Ballater to the coast. So many people have changed their plans due to weariness caused by the persistent bad weather.
Two pub stops, together with the strange dry weather, added to the enjoyment. If only long-distance walking was always like this.
Wild camping gets harder as you near the coast, but I’ve found a reasonable pitch out of sight of the road. Excellent R4FM reception too.
Latest posts from my favourite blogs:
- Tangling With Tussocks on Caldbeck Fells July 9, 2018
- TGO Challenge feature July 8, 2018
- The Great Outdoors Challenge 2018 June 8, 2018
- A gentle stroll......... July 1, 2014
- Test post July 13, 2018
- Portsoy Traditional Boat Festival July 18, 2018
- Three Bridges, Ribble Way. June 21, 2018
- First Marilyn mainland completion April 9, 2016