A good day, with about a dozen Challengers enjoying sunshine (yes, sunshine!) as we looked for the quickest route from Ballater to the coast. So many people have changed their plans due to weariness caused by the persistent bad weather.
Two pub stops, together with the strange dry weather, added to the enjoyment. If only long-distance walking was always like this.
Wild camping gets harder as you near the coast, but I’ve found a reasonable pitch out of sight of the road. Excellent R4FM reception too.
Latest posts from my favourite blogs:
- Forever Stars–TGO Challenge May 9, 2017
- TGOC 2017 the next 5 days May 21, 2017
- An Unexpected Munro May 7, 2017
- A gentle stroll......... July 1, 2014
- Hashing around Mobberley, Tuesday 11th April 2017 April 11, 2017
- A Cuil view May 22, 2017
- Scotland and the not so brave. May 19, 2017
- First Marilyn mainland completion April 9, 2016