A good day, with about a dozen Challengers enjoying sunshine (yes, sunshine!) as we looked for the quickest route from Ballater to the coast. So many people have changed their plans due to weariness caused by the persistent bad weather.
Two pub stops, together with the strange dry weather, added to the enjoyment. If only long-distance walking was always like this.
Wild camping gets harder as you near the coast, but I’ve found a reasonable pitch out of sight of the road. Excellent R4FM reception too.
Latest posts from my favourite blogs:
- Much Mooching in the Malvern Hills March 17, 2018
- Patterdale Potter Feb 2018 March 2, 2018
- So, that was 2017 December 31, 2017
- A gentle stroll......... July 1, 2014
- Test January 12, 2018
- Winterlight March 8, 2018
- Knowl Hill and Naden reservoir. January 14, 2018
- First Marilyn mainland completion April 9, 2016