A good day, with about a dozen Challengers enjoying sunshine (yes, sunshine!) as we looked for the quickest route from Ballater to the coast. So many people have changed their plans due to weariness caused by the persistent bad weather.
Two pub stops, together with the strange dry weather, added to the enjoyment. If only long-distance walking was always like this.
Wild camping gets harder as you near the coast, but I’ve found a reasonable pitch out of sight of the road. Excellent R4FM reception too.
- (Virtual) TGOC 2020 – The Ends
- (Virtual) TGOC 2020 – Day 12 – 2012 My Lord’s Throat to Udny Castle
- (Virtual) TGOC 2020 – Day 11 – 2015 A lazy morning and a bitterly cold mountain
- (Virtual) TGOC 2020 – Day 10 – 2012 Cock Bridge to Tufty Swamp via the Forest of Dead Things
- (Virtual) TGOC 2020 – Day 9 – 2016 A thin lunch at Kirkmichael followed by thick soup in Coire a Bhaile
Latest posts from my favourite blogs:
- Long Walks Are Back! Knock Fell - High Cup Nick June 2, 2020
- One year June 24, 2020
- Lockdown Easing Walk July 9, 2020
- A gentle stroll......... July 1, 2014
- Doodlecat The New July 12, 2020
- Physically distanced above the Gairn July 6, 2020
- Around Prestwich trails. June 26, 2020
- First Marilyn mainland completion April 9, 2016