Usually it is Day 3 when I start to feel it. Aching legs, heavy pack, general exhaustion – but, this year, it is Day 5. My right ankle is sore. My left wrist is swollen and sore – probably due to incorrect use of my new Pacerpoles, so I shall reread the userguide I brought with me.
The weather has been good for the last couple of days. Yes, occasional hail or hail/snow showers but they pass quickly. I had to put on a jumper in the middle of the night; there was ice on the inside of the flysheet, and the socks hanging up outside had frozen solid! Newtonmore tomorrow and the luxury of a hostel bed. Looking forward to it!
PS. My phone wants to “optimise” my photos, so I hope this one is better than the last one.
Latest posts from my favourite blogs:
- Tangling With Tussocks on Caldbeck Fells July 9, 2018
- TGO Challenge feature July 8, 2018
- The Great Outdoors Challenge 2018 June 8, 2018
- A gentle stroll......... July 1, 2014
- Test post July 13, 2018
- Portsoy Traditional Boat Festival July 18, 2018
- Three Bridges, Ribble Way. June 21, 2018
- First Marilyn mainland completion April 9, 2016