Usually it is Day 3 when I start to feel it. Aching legs, heavy pack, general exhaustion – but, this year, it is Day 5. My right ankle is sore. My left wrist is swollen and sore – probably due to incorrect use of my new Pacerpoles, so I shall reread the userguide I brought with me.
The weather has been good for the last couple of days. Yes, occasional hail or hail/snow showers but they pass quickly. I had to put on a jumper in the middle of the night; there was ice on the inside of the flysheet, and the socks hanging up outside had frozen solid! Newtonmore tomorrow and the luxury of a hostel bed. Looking forward to it!
PS. My phone wants to “optimise” my photos, so I hope this one is better than the last one.
Latest posts from my favourite blogs:
- Much Mooching in the Malvern Hills March 17, 2018
- Patterdale Potter Feb 2018 March 2, 2018
- So, that was 2017 December 31, 2017
- A gentle stroll......... July 1, 2014
- Test January 12, 2018
- Winterlight March 8, 2018
- Knowl Hill and Naden reservoir. January 14, 2018
- First Marilyn mainland completion April 9, 2016