Usually it is Day 3 when I start to feel it. Aching legs, heavy pack, general exhaustion – but, this year, it is Day 5. My right ankle is sore. My left wrist is swollen and sore – probably due to incorrect use of my new Pacerpoles, so I shall reread the userguide I brought with me.
The weather has been good for the last couple of days. Yes, occasional hail or hail/snow showers but they pass quickly. I had to put on a jumper in the middle of the night; there was ice on the inside of the flysheet, and the socks hanging up outside had frozen solid! Newtonmore tomorrow and the luxury of a hostel bed. Looking forward to it!
PS. My phone wants to “optimise” my photos, so I hope this one is better than the last one.
Latest posts from my favourite blogs:
- Forever Stars–TGO Challenge May 9, 2017
- TGOC 2017 the next 5 days May 21, 2017
- An Unexpected Munro May 7, 2017
- A gentle stroll......... July 1, 2014
- Hashing around Mobberley, Tuesday 11th April 2017 April 11, 2017
- A Cuil view May 22, 2017
- Scotland and the not so brave. May 19, 2017
- First Marilyn mainland completion April 9, 2016