Friday was a long day. Admittedly, I did not leave Newtonmore until 9am, but it was gone 8pm when I staggered into Red Bothy. On the way, I had some pretty fierce rain and snow. I also had to make the choice of fording the Dulnain or adding nearly 2km and use the bridge. I tried fording . . . then used the bridge. The bothy was FREEZING, but I slept OK with extra clothes on.
The weather has been overcast but dry today, but I wanted a “safe’ pitch, so I have diverted slightly off route to a campsite. This gives me two options for tomorrow: get back on track with a long day, or lots of road-walking to take me around the high hilly bits of my original route. I shall decide in the morning. I hope this photo is clear; there’s a lot of snow around considering it is May.
Latest posts from my favourite blogs:
- Brecon Beacons October 17, 2017
- An Unexpected Munro May 7, 2017
- A gentle stroll......... July 1, 2014
- 18 miles Roundabout Ringheye October 15, 2017
- Cairngorm contrast - golden time October 15, 2017
- FAME, Well i wouldnt go that far, but still..... October 13, 2017
- First Marilyn mainland completion April 9, 2016