Friday was a long day. Admittedly, I did not leave Newtonmore until 9am, but it was gone 8pm when I staggered into Red Bothy. On the way, I had some pretty fierce rain and snow. I also had to make the choice of fording the Dulnain or adding nearly 2km and use the bridge. I tried fording . . . then used the bridge. The bothy was FREEZING, but I slept OK with extra clothes on.
The weather has been overcast but dry today, but I wanted a “safe’ pitch, so I have diverted slightly off route to a campsite. This gives me two options for tomorrow: get back on track with a long day, or lots of road-walking to take me around the high hilly bits of my original route. I shall decide in the morning. I hope this photo is clear; there’s a lot of snow around considering it is May.
Latest posts from my favourite blogs:
- Long Walks - Wild Boar Fell, Swarth Fell and Mallerstang Edge September 18, 2019
- Altra King MT 1.5 and rehab August 24, 2019
- Adventures with Ellie - Caithness September 17, 2019
- A gentle stroll......... July 1, 2014
- Anchor Inn session August 21, 2019
- Top to top to Tap September 14, 2019
- Some improvement thankfully. September 4, 2019
- First Marilyn mainland completion April 9, 2016