Friday was a long day. Admittedly, I did not leave Newtonmore until 9am, but it was gone 8pm when I staggered into Red Bothy. On the way, I had some pretty fierce rain and snow. I also had to make the choice of fording the Dulnain or adding nearly 2km and use the bridge. I tried fording . . . then used the bridge. The bothy was FREEZING, but I slept OK with extra clothes on.
The weather has been overcast but dry today, but I wanted a “safe’ pitch, so I have diverted slightly off route to a campsite. This gives me two options for tomorrow: get back on track with a long day, or lots of road-walking to take me around the high hilly bits of my original route. I shall decide in the morning. I hope this photo is clear; there’s a lot of snow around considering it is May.
Latest posts from my favourite blogs:
- Snowdays January 21, 2018
- Alpkit Morphosis Jacket January 12, 2018
- So, that was 2017 December 31, 2017
- A gentle stroll......... July 1, 2014
- Test January 12, 2018
- Memories of 2017 January 14, 2018
- Knowl Hill and Naden reservoir. January 14, 2018
- First Marilyn mainland completion April 9, 2016