Tgoc12 Plan B – Miss out the hard bits!

Friday was a long day. Admittedly, I did not leave Newtonmore until 9am, but it was gone 8pm when I staggered into Red Bothy. On the way, I had some pretty fierce rain and snow. I also had to make the choice of fording the Dulnain or adding nearly 2km and use the bridge. I tried fording . . . then used the bridge. The bothy was FREEZING, but I slept OK with extra clothes on.
The weather has been overcast but dry today, but I wanted a “safe’ pitch, so I have diverted slightly off route to a campsite. This gives me two options for tomorrow: get back on track with a long day, or lots of road-walking to take me around the high hilly bits of my original route. I shall decide in the morning. I hope this photo is clear; there’s a lot of snow around considering it is May.

This entry was posted in Camping, TGO Challenge, Walking and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Tgoc12 Plan B – Miss out the hard bits!

  1. Phil Cook says:

    Oh, that’ll be the white stuff I saw from A Mhaighdean all the way over in the west earlier this month.


  2. AlanR says:

    Safe is the right decision.


  3. Phil says:

    Hope things are looking better today, Judith. Forecast looks good all the way to the coast now 🙂


    • Judith says:

      Sunday’s weather was glorious and I knew, as soon as I woke up, that Plan A was back on. It was a long day, with some tough bits, but I enjoyed it.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s