It has been hot and sunny for the last few days, and I was quite relieved to find a misty cooler morning when I unzipped the tent.
The first 8 or 9 miles were on a B road which, thankfully, was not as busy as it could have been. After a mile or two on farm tracks, I reached the Forvie sand dunes and (for some unknown reason) decided to bag the trig point Hard work as the hot sun was now back.
Collieston beach is lovely and I spent 20 minutes watching two Border Collies tirelessly chasing a ball. They had a lot more energy than me! (The photo is not of the main beach.)
So that’s TGO Challenge number 6 complete. In some ways my hardest one yet, but more on that in the coming weeks.
Latest posts from my favourite blogs:
- Long Walks - Wild Boar Fell, Swarth Fell and Mallerstang Edge September 18, 2019
- Altra King MT 1.5 and rehab August 24, 2019
- Adventures with Ellie - Caithness September 17, 2019
- A gentle stroll......... July 1, 2014
- Anchor Inn session August 21, 2019
- Top to top to Tap September 14, 2019
- Some improvement thankfully. September 4, 2019
- First Marilyn mainland completion April 9, 2016