It has been hot and sunny for the last few days, and I was quite relieved to find a misty cooler morning when I unzipped the tent.
The first 8 or 9 miles were on a B road which, thankfully, was not as busy as it could have been. After a mile or two on farm tracks, I reached the Forvie sand dunes and (for some unknown reason) decided to bag the trig point Hard work as the hot sun was now back.
Collieston beach is lovely and I spent 20 minutes watching two Border Collies tirelessly chasing a ball. They had a lot more energy than me! (The photo is not of the main beach.)
So that’s TGO Challenge number 6 complete. In some ways my hardest one yet, but more on that in the coming weeks.
- (Virtual) TGOC 2020 – The Ends
- (Virtual) TGOC 2020 – Day 12 – 2012 My Lord’s Throat to Udny Castle
- (Virtual) TGOC 2020 – Day 11 – 2015 A lazy morning and a bitterly cold mountain
- (Virtual) TGOC 2020 – Day 10 – 2012 Cock Bridge to Tufty Swamp via the Forest of Dead Things
- (Virtual) TGOC 2020 – Day 9 – 2016 A thin lunch at Kirkmichael followed by thick soup in Coire a Bhaile
Latest posts from my favourite blogs:
- Long Walks Are Back! Knock Fell - High Cup Nick June 2, 2020
- One year June 24, 2020
- Lockdown Easing Walk July 9, 2020
- A gentle stroll......... July 1, 2014
- Doodlecat The New July 12, 2020
- Physically distanced above the Gairn July 6, 2020
- Around Prestwich trails. June 26, 2020
- First Marilyn mainland completion April 9, 2016