Four days of rain, snow, bog, sun, wind, hills and great walking.
Yesterday was Hills Day. I’m not a bagger, so I’m not promising I went right to the top of anything, but this was a day of trackless wandering across open country. Wonderful; although the initial 500 metres of ascent (over less than 2km) certainly got the heart pumping straight after breakfast.
I missed out today’s hill (Ben Ledi) as I’ve worn myself out and needed an easier bimble. Tonight I have the luxury of a bed, shower and NOT cheesy pasta for tea (unless Macaroni Cheese is the only Veggie option in the pub!)
Latest posts from my favourite blogs:
- Long Walks - Wild Boar Fell, Swarth Fell and Mallerstang Edge September 18, 2019
- Altra King MT 1.5 and rehab August 24, 2019
- Adventures with Ellie - Caithness September 17, 2019
- A gentle stroll......... July 1, 2014
- Anchor Inn session August 21, 2019
- Top to top to Tap September 14, 2019
- Some improvement thankfully. September 4, 2019
- First Marilyn mainland completion April 9, 2016