Four days of rain, snow, bog, sun, wind, hills and great walking.
Yesterday was Hills Day. I’m not a bagger, so I’m not promising I went right to the top of anything, but this was a day of trackless wandering across open country. Wonderful; although the initial 500 metres of ascent (over less than 2km) certainly got the heart pumping straight after breakfast.
I missed out today’s hill (Ben Ledi) as I’ve worn myself out and needed an easier bimble. Tonight I have the luxury of a bed, shower and NOT cheesy pasta for tea (unless Macaroni Cheese is the only Veggie option in the pub!)
Latest posts from my favourite blogs:
- Long Walks:: The Cheviot 6 June 18, 2019
- Goodbye Patch June 24, 2019
- Another Corbett, Another Trig May 26, 2019
- A gentle stroll......... July 1, 2014
- Hayfield & New Mills Running, Saturday 23rd March 2019 April 6, 2019
- Paradise found at Shoe Bay June 19, 2019
- Testing post May 2, 2019
- First Marilyn mainland completion April 9, 2016