I camped at the hotel after getting no reply at the local hostel. Breakfast was interesting. Lots of toast but no butter.
A long day (because I’d booked myself in at the Prosen hostel, 8km further than my original planned camping spot) but it was a good mix of open country and tracks in weather which ranged from warm sun to cold wind.
Pieman is at the hostel after his beer-and-bacon-for-charidee sessions. He made me a coffee. What a nice man.
Today’s route is excessively hilly so I have ironed it a little flatter. No point making the day harder than it has to be.
- (Virtual) TGOC 2020 – The Ends
- (Virtual) TGOC 2020 – Day 12 – 2012 My Lord’s Throat to Udny Castle
- (Virtual) TGOC 2020 – Day 11 – 2015 A lazy morning and a bitterly cold mountain
- (Virtual) TGOC 2020 – Day 10 – 2012 Cock Bridge to Tufty Swamp via the Forest of Dead Things
- (Virtual) TGOC 2020 – Day 9 – 2016 A thin lunch at Kirkmichael followed by thick soup in Coire a Bhaile
Latest posts from my favourite blogs:
- Long Walks Are Back! Knock Fell - High Cup Nick June 2, 2020
- One year June 24, 2020
- Lockdown Easing Walk July 9, 2020
- A gentle stroll......... July 1, 2014
- Doodlecat The New July 12, 2020
- Physically distanced above the Gairn July 6, 2020
- Around Prestwich trails. June 26, 2020
- First Marilyn mainland completion April 9, 2016