I camped at the hotel after getting no reply at the local hostel. Breakfast was interesting. Lots of toast but no butter.
A long day (because I’d booked myself in at the Prosen hostel, 8km further than my original planned camping spot) but it was a good mix of open country and tracks in weather which ranged from warm sun to cold wind.
Pieman is at the hostel after his beer-and-bacon-for-charidee sessions. He made me a coffee. What a nice man.
Today’s route is excessively hilly so I have ironed it a little flatter. No point making the day harder than it has to be.
- TGOC2018 – A photo a day – Day 10 – Lost in the mist at the end of a long day
- TGOC2018 – A photo a day – Day 9 – Rest and be thankful
- TGOC2018 – A photo a day – Day 8 – Where’s the water gone?
- TGOC2018 – A photo a day – Day 7 – A well ventilated Speyside Way hut
- TGOC2018 – A photo a day – Day 6 – Communities
Latest posts from my favourite blogs:
- Bagging By The Clyde–An Ill-Wind June 14, 2018
- Olight H2R torch: a warning June 9, 2018
- The Great Outdoors Challenge 2018 June 8, 2018
- A gentle stroll......... July 1, 2014
- TGOC 2018, Day 13. To Brechin’s Co-op June 16, 2018
- Huisinis - pure brilliant light June 14, 2018
- Bergen. June 2018 June 18, 2018
- First Marilyn mainland completion April 9, 2016