I left NWB campsite with the determination to stride across the remaining 20 or so km to Johnshaven. The final day of roadwalking is not always fun but I didn’t have far to go.
However, the weather was the bleakest I’ve had for the entire fortnight. The wind drove the rain into my face and my Inov8s soon filled with water. This was not the way it was supposed to be.
At Johnshaven it was too wet to risk my camera on lots of grey, murky photos so I had a quick paddle in the gloopy mud then took shelter in the pub.
Excellent food and a choice of real ales (and a change of socks) soon perked me up. An unfortunate mix-up over bus times meant I had to go back into the pub and drink more beer. Oh well – these things sometimes have to be done!
- (Virtual) TGOC 2020 – The Ends
- (Virtual) TGOC 2020 – Day 12 – 2012 My Lord’s Throat to Udny Castle
- (Virtual) TGOC 2020 – Day 11 – 2015 A lazy morning and a bitterly cold mountain
- (Virtual) TGOC 2020 – Day 10 – 2012 Cock Bridge to Tufty Swamp via the Forest of Dead Things
- (Virtual) TGOC 2020 – Day 9 – 2016 A thin lunch at Kirkmichael followed by thick soup in Coire a Bhaile
Latest posts from my favourite blogs:
- Long Walks Are Back! Knock Fell - High Cup Nick June 2, 2020
- One year June 24, 2020
- Lockdown Easing Walk July 9, 2020
- A gentle stroll......... July 1, 2014
- Doodlecat The New July 12, 2020
- Physically distanced above the Gairn July 6, 2020
- Around Prestwich trails. June 26, 2020
- First Marilyn mainland completion April 9, 2016