I left NWB campsite with the determination to stride across the remaining 20 or so km to Johnshaven. The final day of roadwalking is not always fun but I didn’t have far to go.
However, the weather was the bleakest I’ve had for the entire fortnight. The wind drove the rain into my face and my Inov8s soon filled with water. This was not the way it was supposed to be.
At Johnshaven it was too wet to risk my camera on lots of grey, murky photos so I had a quick paddle in the gloopy mud then took shelter in the pub.
Excellent food and a choice of real ales (and a change of socks) soon perked me up. An unfortunate mix-up over bus times meant I had to go back into the pub and drink more beer. Oh well – these things sometimes have to be done!
Latest posts from my favourite blogs:
- Long Walks:: The Cheviot 6 June 18, 2019
- Goodbye Patch June 24, 2019
- Another Corbett, Another Trig May 26, 2019
- A gentle stroll......... July 1, 2014
- Hayfield & New Mills Running, Saturday 23rd March 2019 April 6, 2019
- Paradise found at Shoe Bay June 19, 2019
- Testing post May 2, 2019
- First Marilyn mainland completion April 9, 2016