I left NWB campsite with the determination to stride across the remaining 20 or so km to Johnshaven. The final day of roadwalking is not always fun but I didn’t have far to go.
However, the weather was the bleakest I’ve had for the entire fortnight. The wind drove the rain into my face and my Inov8s soon filled with water. This was not the way it was supposed to be.
At Johnshaven it was too wet to risk my camera on lots of grey, murky photos so I had a quick paddle in the gloopy mud then took shelter in the pub.
Excellent food and a choice of real ales (and a change of socks) soon perked me up. An unfortunate mix-up over bus times meant I had to go back into the pub and drink more beer. Oh well – these things sometimes have to be done!
Latest posts from my favourite blogs:
- So vs Well….. July 18, 2017
- Snow Peak Ultralight Umbrella July 15, 2017
- An Unexpected Munro May 7, 2017
- A gentle stroll......... July 1, 2014
- Sleeping with a Mad Woman, 20th June 2017 June 23, 2017
- All in the timing at the Gulf of Corryvreckan July 18, 2017
- Another trial run of a photo. July 2, 2017
- First Marilyn mainland completion April 9, 2016