I left NWB campsite with the determination to stride across the remaining 20 or so km to Johnshaven. The final day of roadwalking is not always fun but I didn’t have far to go.
However, the weather was the bleakest I’ve had for the entire fortnight. The wind drove the rain into my face and my Inov8s soon filled with water. This was not the way it was supposed to be.
At Johnshaven it was too wet to risk my camera on lots of grey, murky photos so I had a quick paddle in the gloopy mud then took shelter in the pub.
Excellent food and a choice of real ales (and a change of socks) soon perked me up. An unfortunate mix-up over bus times meant I had to go back into the pub and drink more beer. Oh well – these things sometimes have to be done!
Latest posts from my favourite blogs:
- Fight Club Hiking in Mottram September 19, 2017
- Tread Lite Gear Packing Cell September 19, 2017
- An Unexpected Munro May 7, 2017
- A gentle stroll......... July 1, 2014
- The Rain in Lleyn…4th Sept 2017 September 21, 2017
- A two day Torridon tour - a meteorological beating September 19, 2017
- Mammut Creon Lite 45L plus rucksack for sale. September 18, 2017
- First Marilyn mainland completion April 9, 2016