After two days of sun came two days of rain. I decided early during Monday’s walk that I would need a beer that evening so I pushed on the extra couple of km to Tomich. It was a long trudge in the constant rain but worth the effort. There was a mini TGOC party in the hotel and I ate my own body weight in food.
More rain today. Constant in the morning and harsh showers with a bitter wind all afternoon.
The photo shows my pitch with a typical Challenge backdrop. The view in the other direction is snowcapped mountains behind a line of pylons!
Latest posts from my favourite blogs:
- Long Walks - Wild Boar Fell, Swarth Fell and Mallerstang Edge September 18, 2019
- Altra King MT 1.5 and rehab August 24, 2019
- Adventures with Ellie - Caithness September 17, 2019
- A gentle stroll......... July 1, 2014
- Anchor Inn session August 21, 2019
- Top to top to Tap September 14, 2019
- Some improvement thankfully. September 4, 2019
- First Marilyn mainland completion April 9, 2016