The photo is the view from my tent at Ballater campsite. Not as picturesque as other pitches this year but there are showers, shops and a bit of camaraderie; all of which I needed after the last two days.Taking my FWA instead of Cairngorm summit was probably a good choice. However, two long days have worn me out and it was a relief to put my tent up on the campsite at about half past seven last night.
I am probably going to camp at the two thirds point of today’s route and add the rest onto tomorrow’s very short day. What looks good on the map at home can feel different on Day 11 with an aching body!
Latest posts from my favourite blogs:
- Forever Stars–TGO Challenge May 9, 2017
- TGOC 2017 the next 5 days May 21, 2017
- An Unexpected Munro May 7, 2017
- A gentle stroll......... July 1, 2014
- Hashing around Mobberley, Tuesday 11th April 2017 April 11, 2017
- A Cuil view May 22, 2017
- Scotland and the not so brave. May 19, 2017
- First Marilyn mainland completion April 9, 2016