The photo is the view from my tent at Ballater campsite. Not as picturesque as other pitches this year but there are showers, shops and a bit of camaraderie; all of which I needed after the last two days.Taking my FWA instead of Cairngorm summit was probably a good choice. However, two long days have worn me out and it was a relief to put my tent up on the campsite at about half past seven last night.
I am probably going to camp at the two thirds point of today’s route and add the rest onto tomorrow’s very short day. What looks good on the map at home can feel different on Day 11 with an aching body!
- (Virtual) TGOC 2020 – The Ends
- (Virtual) TGOC 2020 – Day 12 – 2012 My Lord’s Throat to Udny Castle
- (Virtual) TGOC 2020 – Day 11 – 2015 A lazy morning and a bitterly cold mountain
- (Virtual) TGOC 2020 – Day 10 – 2012 Cock Bridge to Tufty Swamp via the Forest of Dead Things
- (Virtual) TGOC 2020 – Day 9 – 2016 A thin lunch at Kirkmichael followed by thick soup in Coire a Bhaile
Latest posts from my favourite blogs:
- Long Walks Are Back! Knock Fell - High Cup Nick June 2, 2020
- One year June 24, 2020
- Lockdown Easing Walk July 9, 2020
- A gentle stroll......... July 1, 2014
- Doodlecat The New July 12, 2020
- Physically distanced above the Gairn July 6, 2020
- Around Prestwich trails. June 26, 2020
- First Marilyn mainland completion April 9, 2016