The photo is the view from my tent at Ballater campsite. Not as picturesque as other pitches this year but there are showers, shops and a bit of camaraderie; all of which I needed after the last two days.Taking my FWA instead of Cairngorm summit was probably a good choice. However, two long days have worn me out and it was a relief to put my tent up on the campsite at about half past seven last night.
I am probably going to camp at the two thirds point of today’s route and add the rest onto tomorrow’s very short day. What looks good on the map at home can feel different on Day 11 with an aching body!
- TGOC2018 – A photo a day – Day 10 – Lost in the mist at the end of a long day
- TGOC2018 – A photo a day – Day 9 – Rest and be thankful
- TGOC2018 – A photo a day – Day 8 – Where’s the water gone?
- TGOC2018 – A photo a day – Day 7 – A well ventilated Speyside Way hut
- TGOC2018 – A photo a day – Day 6 – Communities
Latest posts from my favourite blogs:
- Bagging By The Clyde–An Ill-Wind June 14, 2018
- Olight H2R torch: a warning June 9, 2018
- The Great Outdoors Challenge 2018 June 8, 2018
- A gentle stroll......... July 1, 2014
- TGOC 2018, Day 13. To Brechin’s Co-op June 16, 2018
- Huisinis - pure brilliant light June 14, 2018
- Bergen. June 2018 June 18, 2018
- First Marilyn mainland completion April 9, 2016