The photo is the view from my tent at Ballater campsite. Not as picturesque as other pitches this year but there are showers, shops and a bit of camaraderie; all of which I needed after the last two days.Taking my FWA instead of Cairngorm summit was probably a good choice. However, two long days have worn me out and it was a relief to put my tent up on the campsite at about half past seven last night.
I am probably going to camp at the two thirds point of today’s route and add the rest onto tomorrow’s very short day. What looks good on the map at home can feel different on Day 11 with an aching body!
Latest posts from my favourite blogs:
- Swimmin Off Northumberland–Don’t Get Carried Away July 27, 2017
- Snow Peak Ultralight Umbrella July 15, 2017
- An Unexpected Munro May 7, 2017
- A gentle stroll......... July 1, 2014
- Sleeping with a Mad Woman, 20th June 2017 June 23, 2017
- All in the timing at the Gulf of Corryvreckan July 18, 2017
- Thursday day 3 July 27, 2017
- First Marilyn mainland completion April 9, 2016