The photo is the view from my tent at Ballater campsite. Not as picturesque as other pitches this year but there are showers, shops and a bit of camaraderie; all of which I needed after the last two days.Taking my FWA instead of Cairngorm summit was probably a good choice. However, two long days have worn me out and it was a relief to put my tent up on the campsite at about half past seven last night.
I am probably going to camp at the two thirds point of today’s route and add the rest onto tomorrow’s very short day. What looks good on the map at home can feel different on Day 11 with an aching body!
Latest posts from my favourite blogs:
- Brecon Beacons October 17, 2017
- An Unexpected Munro May 7, 2017
- A gentle stroll......... July 1, 2014
- 18 miles Roundabout Ringheye October 15, 2017
- Cairngorm contrast - golden time October 15, 2017
- FAME, Well i wouldnt go that far, but still..... October 13, 2017
- First Marilyn mainland completion April 9, 2016