Day 2 had the most ascent planned for the whole crossing and maybe I was over-ambitious. Beinn bhreac I managed (I think, but my GPS packed up, so I can’t be sure) but everything was taking so long. It was very uneven underfoot and I had to carefully place each foot. When Creach Bheinn loomed ahead of me like a minor planet I decided it was time to drop down and follow the contours round the obstructions.
It was gone 8pm when I pitched my tent – and that was 2km shorter than planned, but it turned out to be a much nicer pitch than my planned one, and I would have struggled to keep going for the extra hour it took to get there in the morning.
Latest posts from my favourite blogs:
- Much Mooching in the Malvern Hills March 17, 2018
- Patterdale Potter Feb 2018 March 2, 2018
- So, that was 2017 December 31, 2017
- A gentle stroll......... July 1, 2014
- Test January 12, 2018
- Winterlight March 8, 2018
- Knowl Hill and Naden reservoir. January 14, 2018
- First Marilyn mainland completion April 9, 2016