I realise I have a few blog followers who aren’t on Twitter so won’t have heard anything from my TGO Challenge trip this year. I’ve had very little internet access so far but I think that will improve now I’ve crossed the A9.
The weather has been amazing. I wore my waterproof trousers to protect against drizzle first thing on Sunday morning but, apart from that, it’s been sunny and dry.
Mam Sodhail and the ridge walk was special. A long, hard climb up but the views were outstanding.
Yesterday’s slog through forestry plantation brash, bog and heather near Dunmaglass was not so good.
Unfortunately, I woke up with a cold on Tuesday morning and felt like packing in. Thankfully I was too far from anywhere with a railway station to make that possible so I kept going.
Today I took my Foul Weather Alternative, even though the weather is far from foul, as I wanted an easier walk to Carrbridge and a hotel room. A shower, cup of tea and pub meal don’t half lift the spirits.
Latest posts from my favourite blogs:
- Long Walks–Durham’s Deweys January 14, 2019
- Lightwave Ultrahike pocket protectors January 2, 2019
- Instead of whizzing passed… September 5, 2018
- A gentle stroll......... July 1, 2014
- Tally-Ho! Turkey Trot, 27th December 2018 December 27, 2018
- Bacon rolls, coffee and cake - the art of suffering on Loch Ailort January 20, 2019
- Baselayer by Craft. November 9, 2018
- First Marilyn mainland completion April 9, 2016