I realise I have a few blog followers who aren’t on Twitter so won’t have heard anything from my TGO Challenge trip this year. I’ve had very little internet access so far but I think that will improve now I’ve crossed the A9.
The weather has been amazing. I wore my waterproof trousers to protect against drizzle first thing on Sunday morning but, apart from that, it’s been sunny and dry.
Mam Sodhail and the ridge walk was special. A long, hard climb up but the views were outstanding.
Yesterday’s slog through forestry plantation brash, bog and heather near Dunmaglass was not so good.
Unfortunately, I woke up with a cold on Tuesday morning and felt like packing in. Thankfully I was too far from anywhere with a railway station to make that possible so I kept going.
Today I took my Foul Weather Alternative, even though the weather is far from foul, as I wanted an easier walk to Carrbridge and a hotel room. A shower, cup of tea and pub meal don’t half lift the spirits.
- TGOC2018 – A photo a day – Day 10 – Lost in the mist at the end of a long day
- TGOC2018 – A photo a day – Day 9 – Rest and be thankful
- TGOC2018 – A photo a day – Day 8 – Where’s the water gone?
- TGOC2018 – A photo a day – Day 7 – A well ventilated Speyside Way hut
- TGOC2018 – A photo a day – Day 6 – Communities
Latest posts from my favourite blogs:
- Bagging By The Clyde–An Ill-Wind June 14, 2018
- Olight H2R torch: a warning June 9, 2018
- The Great Outdoors Challenge 2018 June 8, 2018
- A gentle stroll......... July 1, 2014
- TGOC 2018, Day 13. To Brechin’s Co-op June 16, 2018
- Huisinis - pure brilliant light June 14, 2018
- Bergen. June 2018 June 18, 2018
- First Marilyn mainland completion April 9, 2016